FLK delivers a new way to meet efficiency and capacity needs for medium pressure applications
MINNEAPOLIS – March 5, 2014 – Donaldson Company, a leading, worldwide manufacturer of filtration systems and parts, is pleased to showcase FLK, the newest medium pressure filtration technology in hydraulics, for Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and Aftermarket customers at CONEXPO-CON/AGG & IPFE 2014. Manufactured using Donaldson’s industry-leading Synteq XP™ media, the FLK system is an ideal solution for a host of applications, including heavy-duty construction and mining equipment operations.
Donaldson’s new FLK system satisfies a variety of performance requirements:
- The new assemblies provide higher pressure fatigue ratings than traditional filters.
- With its re-usable filter housing and replacement cartridge design, it offers several advantages for disposal of used filters.
- The FLK’s industrial, raised hand-grips make it easy to remove the housing from the head without the need for special service tools.
- The versatile filter head accommodates multiple filter lengths, while the housing locks the filter cartridge in place, providing a clean filter service process during removal and simplifying positioning during assembly.
- The cartridge’s closed lower end cap also prevents cross contamination during the filter service process
FLK is manufactured using two of Donaldson’s industry-leading filtration technologies – Synteq XP and RadialSeal™:
- Synteq XP media technology takes hydraulic filtration performance to a new level. This resin-free thermally-bonded media provides lower operating pressure drop, higher efficiency, superior cold-start filtration, extended filter life (up to 2 to 3 times that of traditional filter media) and versatile and smaller filter packaging configurations.
- Donaldson RadialSeal technology creates a clean, leak-tight seal – with no metal-to-metal contact – that protects the system from harmful ingressed contaminants, preventing cross contamination of oil. RadialSeal technology also provides a robust connection with superior vibration resistance, making it an ideal solution for heavy-duty applications.
“As hydraulic fluid cleanliness requirements have tightened and more compact filtration systems are launched, we’ve seen increased demand for better hydraulic filter solutions that meet requirements for lower pressure drop, higher efficiency and longer service life,” said Rich Lewis, General Manager of the Liquid Filtration at Donaldson Company. “Our FLK medium pressure hydraulic filtration products with Synteq XP media represent a significant leap forward in hydraulic filtration, meeting key customer expectations.”
Donaldson will showcase the FLK medium pressure hydraulic filtration technology, along with a host of other filtration technologies, at CONEXPO-CON/AGG & IPFE 2014 – Booth #83940 (South Hall), held March 4-8 at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
About Donaldson Company
Donaldson is a leading worldwide provider of filtration systems that improve people’s lives, enhance our Customers’ equipment performance, and protect our environment. We are a technology-driven Company committed to satisfying our Customers’ needs for filtration solutions through innovative research and development, application expertise, and global presence. Our over 12,200 employees contribute to the Company’s success by supporting our Customers at our more than 140 sales, manufacturing, and distribution locations around the world.