1. Remove vent cap and seal.
2. Drain fuel.
3. Remove collar, cover and seal.
4. Remove cartridge and old grommet.
Properly dispose of the used filter according to local regulations.
5. Clean collar, cover and threads.
6. Check new grommet and install cartridge.
7. Install seal, cover and hand-tighten collar.
8. Fill cover with fuel.
9. Fit new vent seal and cap and hand-tighten.
10. Start and warm up engine; increase RPM for one minute.
11. Slowly open vent cap until fuel rises 25mm / 1 in. above collar; close vent.
Donaldson provides best practices and recommended steps for fuel filter servicing. Effective fuel filter maintenance is the key to optimal engine performance.