This servicing information is provided as a best practices guide. It is not intended to replace or supersede the service instructions supplied by your engine or equipment manufacturer.
Stanadyne FM100 Fuel Filter Water Separator (FFWS)
- Disconnect Water-In-Fuel (WIF) sensor if present – reconnect after servicing.
- Unscrew the black retaining ring off the filter head and pull it down.
- After the ring has been completely removed, pull the filter straight down.
Do not twist or turn the filter, as it is not threaded. Properly dispose of the used filter according to local regulations.
- Wipe filter head with a clean cloth.
- Apply a thin film of clean motor oil to the gasket.
- Push the new filter up to the filter head.
- Hand tighten the retaining ring until it clicks.
- Replace WIF sensor and water collection bowl gaskets if applicable.
- Prime fuel system per manufacturer instructions.
- Start engine and check for leaks.
- Drain water daily.